WDBIH’s mandate is to grow its portfolio of investments as well as generate sufficient cash flow in order repatriate dividends through to the WDB Trust to fund its programmes. WDBIH has equity investments in key sectors in South Africa including industrials, life insurance, banks, oil and gas, real estate, media and basic resources. WDBIH’s mandate is to further diversify and grow its portfolio by investing in key strategic sectors in SA.
WDBIH adds strategic value in its investments through board representation, facilitating women empowerment and skills transfer, working with our corporate partners in their enterprise development initiatives.
- Targeted sectors: Food and Agriculture, Residential and Commercial Property, Media & Telecoms and Technology, Education, Renewable Energy/Utilities, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, Retail, FMCG and Diversified Industries.
- Target equity returns: WDBIH seeks to make equity investments in growth businesses that generate cash, and seek market and sector related IRR’s.
- Investment horizon: We maintain long term investment horizons, taking a longer strategic view of our investments, through various cycles, without the pressure of an exit.
- Investee company profile: We invest in businesses with growth, strong cash generative ability and healthy dividend flow.
- Efficient use of capital: We seek to maximize our capital return by reducing our cost of capital, through a combination of debt (including vendor and third party funding) and own equity.
- Investment level: we seek to hold all our investments at holding company or group level.